skip to main content


$315,000 SETTLEMENT - Defective Product - 2nd Degree Burn to Leg

We represented a 33-year-old man who sustained a 2nd-degree burn to his thigh after an E-cigarette lithium battery exploded in his pants pocket. After spending 11 days in the hospital for his burn, his wound eventually healed leaving him with no visible scar. However, he still experienced some tingling and numbness due to a nerve injury in his leg from the burn. The case settled at mediation for $315,000.


Practice Areas

© Shipman & Goodwin LLP 2020. All Rights Reserved.