Join Shipman & Goodwin attorneys Kent Nevins and Lisa Zana as they discuss leasing considerations and strategies. No matter the industry, real estate can be both an attractive asset and a significant cost for any business. Moreover, if not planned correctly lease obligations can undermine the business that operates in the leased space. Based on our extensive experience in executing leasing programs throughout the country, this webinar will review ways to maximize value and avoid traps for the unwary in leasing negotiations, large and small.
Topics will include:
- Valuable rights every tenant should consider and negotiate for
- Planning considerations that allow for growth and/or changes in business strategies
- Creating asset/company value through leasing
- Creating certainty with respect to leasing costs
- Avoiding expensive surprises, such as repair obligations, environmental concerns and other liabilities
- Assuring the comfort and convenience of employees
- Varying considerations depending on the use of a leased property (e.g., office, warehouse, retail, industrial, etc.)
- Green leasing considerations
- Recent developments in the marketplace
Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. It is the opinion of this provider that this activity qualifies for up to one hour toward your annual CLE requirement in Connecticut, including zero hour(s) of ethics/professionalism.