Joan Feldman and Bill Roberts will be speakers at the Health Care Compliance Association's (HCCA) 21st Annual Compliance Institute.
Joan Feldman will present the seminar, "Conducting an Internal Compliance Investigation When the Government Claims You Have False Claims" as a part of the Internal Audit learning track. Topics covered will include:
- Learn when and how you should conduct an internal investigation; How to get started; Who to interview; Preserving the Attorney Client Privilege; Working with Government Attorneys
- What are the major pitfalls to avoid during internal investigations?
- How the recent U.S. Supreme Court Decision in Escobar will impact internal investigations, the government and qui tam relators
Bill Roberts will present the seminar, "Managing the Business Associate Relationship: From Onboarding to Breaches" as a part of the Privacy and IT Compliance learning track. Topics covered will include:
- Health care providers and payers have a duty to ensure that the vendors in which they entrust PHI will protect it and use it appropriately - we will discuss business associate onboarding strategies, pitfalls and best practices.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with HIPAA and other privacy laws by your business associates is challenging - we will discuss monitoring your business associates, auditing rights and handling disputes.
- Business associates are a leading cause of breaches for health care providers and payers - we will discuss how to best prepare your organization upfront should a breach occur and special considerations for handling a business associate breach.
For more information on this event, please visit the HCCA's Compliance Institute website.