This workshop will focus on practical strategies for running effective PPT meetings and writing legally compliant IEPs. In order for teams to minimize conflict and avoid due process, it is important for all team members to understand the PPT process and how to respond to difficult, yet frequent, special education scenarios. In explaining the due process "process", we will focus on topics such as:
- Understanding the legal standards for determining FAPE
- Effective (and accepted) pre-PPT practices
- Tips for managing contentious PPTs
- Common pitfalls to avoid when writing IEPs
- Practical tips for responding to requests for IEEs, out-of-district placements, amendment of records, etc.
- Creating meaningful documentation
Attorneys from our School Law Practice Group will lead the discussion. The workshop will include a Question and Answer session, and we encourage all attendees to participate.